Who We Are
Beyond was founded May 1, 2017. It was only days later that I joined the company. I’ve been involved since the beginning. While it sounds like a young start-up, Beyond has roots that span three decades.
Our culture is our most powerful weapon in the market. It is the DNA that contains and cements our commitments to our merchants.
The Beyond DNA and culture is more than lip service. When a company makes a promise and publishes it in the public forum, it becomes a legal commitment.
The Beyond Promises
- If we don’t provide additional value, we don’t charge additional fees.
- You will receive transparent billing statements with all charges and fees fully disclosed.
- Quality service is a top priority. Trust in our 24/7 customer support and dedicated service center.
- We are committed to current technology, giving you access to the latest features, functions, and security.
- We provide equipment of the highest caliber and durability.
- You have the freedom to choose the contract length most suitable to your business.
- You may terminate your contract at any point, without penalty.
- Your Beyond representative is not only a sales person, but will serve as an advocate for your business.
- Corporate responsibility is in our DNA. We are committed to the highest level of ethics in all business practices.
- We have a philanthropic mission to support education through our beneficiary, Give Something Back. Simply by being our client, you help make a difference for students who have faced economic hardship or other adversity such as foster care or the incarceration of a parent.
We are a business services company dedicated to revolutionizing an industry with two black eyes. Wearing the white hat is what we do best and we are bringing that same integrity and honesty to payments, payroll, lending, and technology products across a variety of industries.
What We Do
While founded as a payments company, Beyond is so much more. Our core service lines fall into four categories:
Payments & Credit Card Processing
Each time a customer uses a credit card on a website, in a store, or on the phone, a processor must take the card information, secure it, qualify the transaction, and generate an approval or denial. That’s where the process begins. It’s up to the processor to move funds to the merchant’s account, secure their technology, and service equipment or service issues.
Key differentiators & sales drivers for us in this category:
- Full suite of POS equipment & solutions
- Access to 1,000’s of POS system integrations through direct connection & gateway connections
- USA customer service with dedicated technicians on first-call support
- B2B processing software that auto-qualifies B2B transactions to lower-priced interchange
- Remote, mobile, and recurring processing solutions
- Omni channel solutions
Employee Management & Payroll
The implications of maintaining tax schedules, HR requirements, and the myriad of challenges relating to hiring, paying, and firing employees.
With regulation and complexity comes opportunity. Anyone who pays their employees (on the books of course) is a prospect for us at Beyond.
Our key UVP on employee management:
- Simple 10-minute setup & onboarding for less than 50 pays
- Enterprise level ACA reporting, COBRA administration, profit leak tracking and numerous other profitability and time-hacking tools for 40-500 pays (more depending)
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit screening – $2,400+ tax credits for eligible hires
- HR On Demand – HR generalist team available, employee handbook creation, OSHA guidelines and more.
- Mobile time & attendance with geofencing
- HRIS capabilities with document management, license tracking, HR event dates, etc.
By being a preferred partner with American Express business financing as well as a network of capital investors, we can offer short term capital loans to our prospects. While rates go as low as 3.5%, they typically land between 7-10% and fund in 72 hours.
- Low qualification requirements
- Fast funding – 24 hours after approval
- No use of funds necessary
- Easy repayment schedules
Chip-In from Beyond allows our Business Advocates in the field the ability to leverage the goodwill of non profit organizations to help build their sales pipeline and further the missions of bonafide causes whether it is the local animal shelter, the community church, the Boy Scout Troop, or the local high school booster club.
Chip-In is a marketing system that gives even the smallest, lowest budget and understaffed charity the ability to:
- Execute text-to-donate campaigns
- Social push “I donated” campaigns
- Designated donation periods at any Beyond merchant
- Round up campaigns (coming soon)
- Drop-in donation form for websites & social media
- Full-featured & branded virtual terminal
Tools like this allows us to leverage support as well as protect margins by proper MCC allocation and pricing knowledge.
While we work with businesses of any size, we have some sweet spots. For processing, we’re most successful with businesses doing between 40k and 650k per month in processing, especially those accepting a large portion of business credit cards. For employee management, our sweet spot is under 50 employees for our internal employee management product and 50-350 through our partnership program that handles benefit administration, ACA compliance, and COBRA administration.
We also have a full-featured point of sale system (Tend) that competes directly with Aloha, Micros, Aldelo, and PosiTouch plus products like our Restaurant Management System (formerly PeachWorks).
Beyond is a one-year-old company 35 years in the making.
While brief, this video does a god job telling our story.
I invite you to dig into our company, what we offer, and who we serve. If you look at the opportunities in your market and feel confident you can recruit around our story, our offerings, and our culture, then it’s something that we should discuss further.
You can check us out on LinkedIn to see what people are sharing, and what story we are trying to tell in the marketplace.
The Team Lead Role
The Team Lead role is the most lucrative position at Beyond. Team Leads are the in-field sales leaders for Business Advocates. They not only maintain their own sales ID, but they also get compensated based on the success of their team.
Teams are built on the Navy SEAL methodology. 4-6 Business Advocates per Team Lead and 4-6 Team Leads per Division Director. This allows for each person to get the time and attention they need to be successful in an exciting and changing industry.
Getting in the car, making prospecting calls, and running sales appointments with reps is part of every day for a Beyond Team Lead.
Training & Development Resources
Finally, in an effort to close a very long narrative containing a lot of information, Division Directors at Beyond have several resources available to them.
- Our New Hire Playbook walks you and your new rep through a 5-week program designed to teach them the ropes and how to access information they will need as they grow their success at Beyond.
- Beyond University is a full multimedia training library, and our training team works hand-in-hand with the new Directors as well as the new hires.
- Fully-Equipped training department led by one of the best trainers to come out of Apple & Heartland.
- Robust reporting and tracking through our heavily customized version of Salesforce called The Landing.
- Always available marketing and product detail assets – flyers, brochures, decks, etc.
I assume you will have many questions as you go through this information and the links I have provided. I welcome them all and look forward to our next conversation.